Evaluation Part 8:
What do you feel you have learned in the progression from it to the full product?
Overall I think the Title sequence Taylor and I made was successful because we created a sequence that had an interesting style and soundtrack whilst still following the codes and conventions of typical horror / thriller movies.
Some of the cinematography follows the codes and conventions and so does the editing. The cinematography contains a lot of high and low angle shots and the editing has made the video dark and distorted. We also have used some more creative and unique ideas in the narrative with the ghost that can only be seen on camera and the video effects containing heavy static. We have used some interesting cinematography too with some pans, inspired by Insidious, and shots like the camera falling over. We also used the research we did into other films to give us the idea of putting the timecode on the video footage to make it seem more realistic, like in the title sequence for The Purge.
Our use of typography was very successful because we surveyed people on what they thought and then decided as a group which would fit the best, before the final sequence we changed the font because we found a new font that we both thought would fit better than our previous one even though the audience liked both fonts.
The only thing I think was unsuccessful is the darkness of the video. Some people commented that they couldn't see some of the footage and that it was too dark. We tried to improve this every time we created a new draft of the sequence and for our final sequence we felt it was corrected well enough. A few people mentioned they couldn't see some of it but that my just be the brightness of the screen. Almost everyone thought it had improved and we thought that the darkness suited the video and that the view is supposed to be obscured, If the video was easy to see, there wouldn't be much of an enigma, which is important for our film genre.